Friday, December 2, 2011

The Crafty Bug

I often get bitten by the crafty bug. I have a love / hate relationship with craftiness at the moment. On one hand I love making things, learning new techniques, and using or giving my end product. On the other, I have hardly any time to do it (my 2 little ones are super cute time wasters), sometimes I don't even know which project to work on, and I'm seriously trying to not buy any more supplies.

But the bug has hit, so I've pulled out an old project that I started before Big Sister was born. She's now two and a half. It's a cot quilt. She's almost outgrown her cot.  I've never quilted before. Ever. I'm not even really using a pattern. I was inspired by a quilt I saw at a craft fair, so bought the pattern for it, and then modified it to fit a cot. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm lucky I'm pretty good at maths! What a task. I'm still not sure if it will fit. Not to mention that I am quilting it in a completely different way to the way the pattern says to do it. I'm kinda making it all up as I go. Here's a pic of the pattern I bought...


Moonshine Quilt - Sea Spray

I chose to make it green and purple. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment